[jvr-general] JVR 0.5 - Released
kevino at jerboa.ca
Wed Feb 9 20:02:55 EST 2005
JVR 0.5 is ready for download. This release is something of a mixed bag
of changes - dx, ms and dcb all saw some additions. The reason for the
actual release is someone requested an LGPL release and there was no
reason to wait any longer.
There is no Linux build this time around as I haven't gotten around to
recreating a Linux/Dialogic development environment. If anyone would
like an updated JVR on Linux just let me know and that'll be enough
reason for me to get it done.
I've also fixed a bunch of JNI code to use cached references to
classes/methods/fields. I have found that e->FindClass(),
e->GetStaticMethodID() and e->GetFieldID() tend to fail when called
repeatedly over and over again. JVR 0.5 only does one round of
e->FindClass() now during initialization.
I'm not sure when Sun added this parameter (maybe it's always been
there), but adding "-Xcheck:jni" as a JVM argument when starting Java is
a great way to debug JNI code. It enables null pointer references for
all JNI functions and provides meaningfull error messages when the
-------------- next part --------------
* Implemented more Voice API functions.
dx_deltones(), dx_chgdur(), dx_chgfreq(), dx_chgrepcnt(), dx_initcallp()
* Added new symbol.
TID_BUSY1, TID_BUSY2, TID_DIAL_INTL, TID_DIAL_LCL, TID_DIAL_XTRA,
TID_FAX1, TID_FAX2, TID_RNGBK1, TID_DISCONNECT,
* User I/O functions added to support user supplied input/output stream
playback. dx_setuio() implemented internally.
* Moved to the LGPL license to allow JVR to be integrated/distributed with
* Increased the number of native-context buffers for DX_XPB, DIGBUF
GC_PARM_BLK and DX_IOTT structures to 200.
* Completed Javadoc links to the official Dialogic API.
* ms.addtoconf() and ms.remfromconf(), ATMS_TSSGBIT(), ms_dsprescount(),
* Skeletal support for DCB (Conferencing) functions.
* Additional example code (console package).
* DX_XPB.getWavFormat(File file) added to simplify the creation
of a parameter block for wav files.
More information about the jvr-general